Elana’s Pantry has a cute and tasty Super Bowl treat, and of course its gluten-free!
My favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday is the food. I love preparing healthy gluten free Super Bowl snacks for my boys and all of their friends.
I would love to say that the cute little gluten free cake pops above were assembled by my children. However, I made them, and as you can see my cake and candy decorating skills are on par with those of a 10 year old. Or maybe a 6 year old. In any event, when I was a child I loved crafty little projects like candy making and such. Obviously, I haven’t had much practice since back then.
I hope you all enjoy these gluten free Super Bowl Cake pops! If you make them, please take a photo, as I would like to do a post sometime soon with all of your beautiful gluten free football cake pops.
- Super Bowl Cake Pops
- ½ Chocolate Cake, from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, page 84 (view PDF)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 ½ cups chocolate drops
- ¼ cup white chocolate, melted
- Special Equipment:
- 22 paper lollipop sticks
- 2-4 Styrofoam blocks
- Bake Chocolate Cake as directed on parchment paper lined plate and place in freezer for at least an hour
- Melt dark chocolate in a very small pot, over very low heat
- One at a time, dip about ½ inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into melted chocolate
- Insert the lollipop stick straight into a (football) cake ball, no more than halfway through
- Holding stick with (football) cake ball attached, dip entire cake ball into melted chocolate, until covered
- Make sure chocolate coating meets at base of lollipop stick; this helps secure cake ball to stick
- Twirl any excess chocolate coating off the cake pop so it is evenly coated
- Place lollipop stick into the Styrofoam block; allow chocolate coating to dry
- Pipe white chocolate stitches onto football cake pops
- Serve your healthier gluten free Super Bowl Cake Pops and wow your guests!
- (store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days)
- Makes 22 Super Bowl Cake Pops
Here is a fabulous post by Bakerella with her football cake pops versus football cakeblobs. And don’t forget to take a look at Bakerella’s how to make cake pops video. It is indispensable when it comes to tips for how to make great cake pops.